April 30, 2009

51. The Unholy Three (1925)

Good plot and actors. If it wasn't for the endless courtroom hassle in the latter quarter of the film, this would have been excellent.

he reminded me of Ron Mael from Sparks


Victor McLaglen (39) as Hercules





Lon (42) as Echo



Mae Busch (34) as Rosie. I liked her.




Harry Earles (23) played Tweedledee. He was fascinating :
One of the weirdest scenes I've seen in a silent film so far.




Lon in disguise, as Mrs O'Grady. Awesome performance.











Matt Moore (37) was cute and awww inducing as Hector MacDonald. I suppose it was the glasses that did the trick for me.



definitely one of those "grab him by the lapels" kind of coats

















***

Rating : 8/10

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/11/12

    my father's name was jack leeper, a song and dance man in the 1920's and 30's. my mother was also in show business. she told that my dad was a double for francis x. bushman in the 1925 silent movie, "the unholy three".

    ReplyDelete

speak now !